Currently 0 TOURS in itinerary.
Penguin Island Tour includes Lunch - Guided Ranger Tour
- Included in price:
- All Park Entrance fees including upgrade to Private Penguin Parade Experience, Lunch, Friendly tour guide
- What to bring:
- Please bring adequate clothing due to cool conditions in winter, in summer please bring your swimming gear...
- Fitness level required:
- Not specified
- Child policies:
- Children under age of 15 are not allowed on this tour
- Departure points:
- Melbourne, Victoria
- Departure time:
10:00 AM Daily
- Pickup/departure instructions:
- Door to door pick up and drop off service! Please note that pickup times vary from 9.30am - 11.00am during the year based on times that penguins come ashore. Please contact us after booking to confirm your specific pick up time.
- Approximate Return Time:
- Tour returns between 10pm - 12am (seasonally)
This Melbourne to Phillip Island fun-filled tour encompasses exquisite scenery, Little Penguins and other cute, cuddly and colourful flora and fauna, as well as a visit to historical Churchill Island.
• Visit a wildlife conservation park and hand feed kangaroos and wallabies
• Walk alongside the tree-tops with wild Koalas
• Explore the historic Churchill Island, go back to yesteryear and see the pioneering spirit in action
• See the Nobbies, Seal Rocks, the Blowhole and the country’s largest fur seal colony
• Watch the Little Penguins return home for the night on this professional ranger-guided tour
This superb full day tour departs from Melbourne at 10 am in winter and 11 am in summer and includes a complimentary pick up and drop off service from your Melbourne accommodation. With morning tea, lunch, all park fees and an upgrade to the Private Penguin Parade Experience included, this fascinating tour is a must for all penguin fans. Kick back and relax with your friendly, informative guide and fellow nature-loving travellers in a modern, comfortable mini-coach. Admire the views as you meander through some pretty spectacular landscapes on the way to Phillip Island.
Your first encounter with some of Australia’s unique little critters will be at the Moonlit Sanctuary Wildlife Conservation Park, where you will get the opportunity to hand-feed the local kangaroos and wallabies or visit with a Tasmanian devil or dingo. You will enjoy a scrumptious lunch in the tranquil surrounds of this beautiful park, and then it’s off to visit historical Churchill Island. Enjoy 57 hectares of fragrant cottage gardens, lush green lawns, magnificent views of Phillip Island and Western Port, and a fascinating glimpse of our early Australian settler’s lives as you stroll through restored farmhouses and witness past farming practices. Off to The Koala Conservation Park next, with a lovely walk through the treetops to visit the much-loved Koala, snoozing in their natural eucalypt habitat. Along the way, you are bound to see some beautifully coloured birds, echidnas, wallabies and bats.
It’s time for more stunning scenery at Cape Woolamai surf beach, where you can splash around in the water. Then, gaze in wonder at the views from the Nobbies Centre, or stroll the network of boardwalks that overlooks the ruggedly chiselled landscape of Seal Rocks, the Nobbies, and the Blowhole. These impressive outcrops are home to Australia’s largest colony of fur seals.
Next up, you’ll visit the Penguin Parade Information Complex, where you’ll be amazed at the information you’ll learn at this interactive ecotourism experience. Then you’ll join your fellow travellers in finding a comfortable spot along the Little Penguin viewing platform. Listen to your host’s very informative narrative and watch as hundreds of these charming little characters waddle, toddle, jump, hop and fall all the way up the beach in their rush home from a hard day’s fishing and playing, before they eagerly retire for the night. Imagine sitting under the starlit night sky, watching these charming little birds take themselves to bed – it’s an absolute delight, and one you will be unlikely to forget any time soon. What a way to end a spectacular day!
You’ll arrive back in Melbourne and be dropped off at your original pickup location between 10 pm and midnight, depending on the season.