Currently 0 TOURS in itinerary.
Yarra Valley Sunrise Balloon Flight with Champagne Breakfast
Ballooning is an audience participation activity and you will be encouraged to assist with the set up and pack away of the balloon.
Non-flying guests are able to join the Champagne Breakfast for $35 per person. Please make breakfast reservations the day before the flight and at that stage we can give you some idea of what time breakfast is likely to be.
Hot air ballooning is weather dependent and all passengers are asked to check in with the pilot the night before for a weather report. If the flight is cancelled due to inclement weather passengers will need to contact Global Ballooning to reschedule.
Please note that departure times vary from 4am-6.30am throughout the year based on sunrise times
Free parking is available at Rochford Wines
- Included in price:
- 1 hour balloon flight, Champagne breakfast, CBD Hotel transfers.
- Able to be purchased/hired:
- DVD or CD photo compilation of your flight is available for purchase.
- What to bring:
- It is an active morning in the outdoors, so wear clothes that can get stained or dirty. Please note: The burners can sometimes drip water mixed with Carbon. There is no responsibility for clothing that is stained or damaged as a part of our adventure activity. Wear clothes as for hiking, including sturdy shoes, warm socks and a cap, plus sunglasses if you wish. - We meet before sunrise so depending on the time of year and weather, it can be extremely cold - Generally it will not be any colder in the air during the flight than on the ground, so wear layered clothing that can be removed as the day warms up - The burners can radiate heat so a hat is recommended - Your feet can get wet and cold in the early morning dew, you may like to bring a change of socks - High-heeled shoes are not suitable - Don't forget your camera
- Fitness level required:
- Child policies:
- Child prices apply to children between 7 and 12 years onclusive. Children under the age of 7 are not able to participate in this flight.
- Departure points:
- Yarra Valley, Victoria
- Departure time:
5:00 AM Daily
- Pickup/departure instructions:
- We meet at Balgownie Estate, 1309 Melba Hwy, Yarra Glen VIC 3775 Please note that departure times vary from 4am-6.30am throughout the year based on sunrise times. Melbourne CBD Hotel return transfers are included if requested at time of booking. Please note that city pick ups will be at least 1 hour prior to the tour departure time.
- The balloon flight lasts approximately 1 hour, the duration of the morning is around 4-5 hours. Meeting time is half an hour before sunrise.
Is there a better way to see the beautiful expanses of Australia than from a hot air balloon, high up in the sky? Have your breath taken away by this hour long balloon flight over the Yarra Valley, with mountains, vineyards and river on one side, and Melbourne city on the other. With wheelchair accessibility, this tour is perfect for all.
As you’d expect from a balloon tour, it’s an early start, but the rewards include:
• One hour hot air balloon flight over Yarra Valley
• Champagne breakfast at Balgownie Estate
• Free parking or CBD Hotel Transfers available.
• All government landing fees covered
• In-flight photography with the chance to purchase a souvenir USB photo pack after the flight
• A beautiful flight certificate
• A souvenir pack, which includes vouchers for wine and cheese tasting at Yarra's French style Domaine Chandon and Italian style DeBortoli Wineries
Head east of Melbourne’s central business district and you’ll find the Yarra Valley, the best winery region in Victoria. With the mountains to the north, and the urban sprawl of Melbourne to the south, you’ll be amazed by all you see from your early morning balloon flight. Could there be a better way to start your day?
Be prepared for an early start at Balgownie Estate, as you’ll want to catch the spectacular Melbourne sunrise. Your launch time will be optimised for the best possible views, so you’ll be given a precise time nearer to the day of your balloon flight. Dress code is similar to that of outdoors hiking. Remember that it’ll be cold before sunrise, and colder up in the air, so wear something warm. We also recommend a hat, to deflect any heat from the burner which powers the balloon, and flat shoes, as high heels are not practical, and a change of socks in case the morning dew leaves you with soggy socks. Don’t forget your camera, because you won’t want to forget a minute of this experience.
After a short briefing from your local pilot, you’ll be treated as one of the team, fully involved with setting up and putting away the balloon, and be as involved in the launch process as you’d like. Get stuck in, or sit back and watch the experts at work, before your balloon floats off into the breeze, taking you on the journey of a lifetime.
With all the experienced pilots living in the Yarra Valley, and part of Victoria’s leading hot air balloon team, you’ll have no better tour guide to point out all the sights below, so you can make the most of the majestic Yarra Valley.
You’ll spend an hour in the air, before landing back at Balgownie Estate, where everyone does their bit to pack the balloon away. It’s a great way to end your flight.
With all the hard work out of the way, your reward is a visit to Balgownie Estate, an award winning venue in Coldstream, for a champagne buffet breakfast before you make your way home.